Monday, May 10, 2010

Catching up

A lot has been going on for us this past month. We moved from VA and all our stuff is in storage waiting for us to get housing in Japan...hence the no blogging. The move was an ordeal because of all the hoops you have to jump through that the Navy gives you. Moving to another country is normally about an 8 month process. They gave us 2 before Brett had to be there. We did all we could but things take time and we just didnt have enough so Brett ended up leaving with out me on last Wednesday. Here is how that went. Brett had been calling the CSD (the place that takes care of the moving stuff) every few days to find out when he would be leaving. They kept telling him that no information was in yet and to keep trying back every few days. Well on tuesday Brett called and told them again that he had to be there by the following Monday and he needed to find out the info so he could set up arrangements in Japan. They told him "Well, plan to leave on Monday then but dont make any plans until then just incase." Ok so we though we had five days left. The next day on Wesnesday we get a call from them. "Go check your email your tickets are in". So we check...he has to be in Washington state at 1:00am that night! So we call them back and tell them to get him a ticket to Washington so within about an hour of finding out Brett was gone on a 18 hour plane ride to the other side of the world. Needless to say, it sucked. One nice thing is though, the airport understands how hard it is for military families and let me come to the gate with him to say goodbye there.

On that following Thursday I got the rest on my paperwork turned in and now I am playing the waiting game for it all to come back to me. So since I was technically homeless cause we were out of our apartment two weeks ago and couch surfing at friends houses, I decided to get back to CA ASAP. I flew out on Friday and have been here ever since. I will be here until I get the word that I am free to go to Japan.

Here are some pictures from the last month or so. They include my parents trip up to DC, VA and NC. Also our trip to the Virginia Beach Aquarium.



No comments:

Post a Comment