Thursday, January 28, 2010

The results are in!

So I have been worried about many things lately but on the top of my list is not being able to have kids. I went in a few weeks ago to have an ultrasound to find out whether or not I had PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome). After a, in my opinion, highly evasive ultrasound I have the results. All is normal in my woman parts. The test was "unremarkable" and "showed no signs of PCOS". RELIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now on to the next best guess of the doctors. Its hard not to be bitter with them because thats all they do...guess. Granted they are educated guesses but still they are not much. This doctor that I saw last time basically walked into my room, introduced herself since we had never met before, and said "Well, since you are not pregnant and not having a period I think you have PCOS." My next question is, what is it? She explains. I ask will it affect my chances of getting pregnant, she says yes. Que my heart to break. This doctor pretty much gave me a diagnosis with out any cause. It caused me so much stress and heart break over this past three weeks all for a hunch. I know that all is not right for me in that neck of the woods and the prognosis may still be the same, but gosh! Someone needs to learn a little bedside manner and reaffirm that a hunch is just that, a hunch and not anything more.

But, Brett and I are relieved needless to say. We are going to give it some more time before I go back to the doctor. Next time I do go in though I know not to let the doctor rely on their magic 8 ball so much for an answer.

2 comments:

  1. UGH, what a heartache... Doctors drive me NUTS sometimes! But what a relief to hear your woman-parts are looking good!! ;)

    ReplyDelete